Financial Planning and Investing is a process, not an event or product. Three key ingredients are necessary for success:
- Knowledge: A professional knows his business, anticipates change and stays current in his field. In order for our clients to be successful it is necessary that we also help them understand and make well informed decisions.
- A Plan: If you don’t have a goal with organized steps to reach it, you may end up nowhere.
- Discipline: This is often the hardest part for investors. A plan is worthless if it is not followed, evaluated and adjusted with purpose. We apply these concepts to assist our clients in obtaining their goals whether it is retirement, wealth and estate preservation strategies, or general wealth building.
Finally, our guiding philosophy in business is simple. Do for others, as you would have them do for you.
- Gather personal and financial data
- Establish clear financial goals and objectives
- Develop and recommend a comprehensive personal financial plan
- Select quality investments with a measurable track record
- Implement the plan and monitor progress toward stated goals
- Evaluate performance and recommend change as necessary
What you believe effects how you invest:
Successful investors will:
- Establish a plan
- Focus on total return
- Use investments with a track record
- Systematically monitor the plan
- Adjust the plan as needed
- Take a long-term perspective
- Not attempt to time the market
- Actively participate with an advisor
- Remain sensitive to taxes
- Diversify, Diversify, Diversify *
* Investing involves risk. Diversification and asset allocation strategies cannot guarantee success in a generally declining market.